There are few patches, which bring new Business Area and Workbooks. These new information are found in the format of EEX Files inside the Patch. This action plan will help in in-corporating the new EEX Files into the End User Layer without doing a full import of all the Business Area.
Execution Summary: EUL5_US Database Export is taken as an Rollback Action Plan. Generate All Business Views is run from the Oracle Applications. Once Generate All Business View is completed, Invalid Objects in the Database is compiled and made sure that there are no new invalids. All the contents from $AU_TOP/discover is copied to the Local Machine where Discoverer Administrator is Installed. Once the download is completed, Import the Patch Contents using adupdeul.sh using MKS Toolkit and Refresh all the Business Area.
Caution: New Business Area must be refreshed after importing the EEX Files from the Patch Contents
Services / Component Affected: All Discoverer related Services
Downtime Estimation: This action plan depends on the Database Load. Importing will depend on the Patch Size.
It is always recommeded to review the Patch Readme to perform the action plan regarding the Refresh of Business Area.
If there are no specific Business Area specified on the Readme of the Patch then it is recommended to perform a full Refresh of Business Area. Overall Downtime Estimation will be around 8 Hours.
1. Take an EUL User Database Export ( User : EUL5_US )
Operations will take the export dump and move it to $AU_TOP/discover.
2. Connect to the 10g Discoverer Instance
3. Make sure TNSPING Works towards the EBSO Instance from the 10g Discoverer Instance.
4. Regenerate Business Views by running the "Generate All Business Views" Resp: Business View Setup responsibility.
5. After Regeneration of the Business Views has been completed, check the Business View Generator output file. It should not contain any errors.
6. Recompile all objects in the APPS schema using adadmin.
7. Ensure the BIS views exist and all BIS views are valid by issuing the following command in
$ sqlplus apps/
SQL> select object_name from user_objects
where object_type = 'VIEW' and
status = 'INVALID' and
( object_name like '%FV_%' or object_name like '%FG_%' or
object_name like '%BV_%' or object_name like '%BG_%' );
If necessary, recompile those objects so that all views are valid. The Discoverer refresh
process may stop if a select statement from a invalid BIS View causes the error.
8. Mount EBSO Application Tier Server Node $AU_TOP/discover to Oracle10gAS Discoverer Instance.
9. Import Discoverer Content for Release 11i using adupdeul.sh mode=driver
10. Refresh the Discoverer 5i End User Layer
If there are a list of Patches available , then all the EEX related to a Patch can be imported using a single adupdeul.sh command. Say the Patch Numbers are 123456 , 123457 and 123458 , then the command will be;