1.Atleast Two Node R12 Setup , with WebService running on both the Nodes
2.Seperate Node for WebCache
Software Requirement :
1. R12 Dump for Linux
2. Oracle Application Server Web Cache Standalone 10g v10.1.2.0.2 for Linux
Installation Phase I:
1. Setup R12 Two Node Instance (r12lab01,r12lab02)
2. Run Autoconfig on both the nodes and make sure that there are no errors.
3. Start the Service and Perform Health Check
Installatioin Phase II:
1. Install Linux on the WebCache Node
2. Name the Node as r12web
3. Create User apwebcache , group dba
4. Install WebCache 10g on the WebCache Node
5. Verify the Installation
6. Stop WebCache
7. Download and Apply Patch 4569559
8. Start WebCache
1. Access WebCache Admin , Username/Password : ias_admin/
2. By default, Oracle Application Server Web Cache listens for client requests on port 7777
3. Configure Web Cache Site definitions for E-Business Suite (Section 6.1.3 of Note.380486.1)
4. Configure E-Business Suite as an Origin Server (Section 6.1.4 of Note.380486.1)
5. Configure Network Timeouts (Section 6.1.5 of Note.380486.1)
6. Add Rules for Caching E-Business Suite Content (Section 6.2 of Note.380486.1)
7. Configure Oracle Application Server Web Cache as the Entry Point (Section 6.3 of Note.380486.1)
Set s_webentryhost as r12web
Set s_webentrydomain as r12.com
Set s_active_webport as 7777
Set s_webentryurlprotocol as http
Set s_login_page as http://r12web.r12.com:7777/OA_HTML/AppLogon
8. Perform Addition Requirement as per Note.380486.1 if required to your setup
9. Run Autoconfig on E-Business Suite 12 Application Middle Tier
10. Restart the Services
Access your R12 with the URL http://r12web.r12.com:7777 and experience the WebCache Functionality.
* Oracle Application Server Web Cache Administrators Guide 10g Release 2 (10.1.2.0.2)
* Oracle Application Server Web Cache FAQ
* Troubleshooting Oracle Application Server Web Cache
Options ABANDON and RESTART adop phase=apply patches=10721639 abandon=yes Used to specify whether to restart the previous run of a...
FS_CLONE Phase It is a stand-alone command used for file system cloning. Standard cloning (using adcfgclone.pl) cannot be used to synch...
Abort Phase If for some reason either the prepare or apply phase failed or gave problems, you can abort the patching cycle. After runnin...
Read the readme. When applying PSU or OJVM do instructions as documented in the readme in the specificed sequence. Run post patch instructi...
Scenario You have noticed that the on the patch edition there are lot of patches applied. You did the cutover and now customer wants t...
Scenario You have been asked to apply a patch and you completed the prepare phase and apply phase. Now customer has given a downtime f...
Cleanup Phase Drops now-redundant columns and other objects which are not required after the cutover phase. It is important that we do n...
Ready the instance for cutover Perform the final operations like Compile Invalids , Generate Derived Objects and Pre-compute DDL to be run...
Configuration Management - Scenario on SyncContext In Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, some configurations are managed via AutoCo...
Introduction : The following will guide one to take a backup of ASM Enabled Database using RMAN. The following are the steps involved; ...