Monday, February 6, 2012

It is Database Upgrade Time !!!


With Database 11.1.0.7 Premier Support ending on August 2012 , I have signed up with my existing customer for Database Upgrade to 11.2.0.3. There are two productive environment with each having a test and development environment. Both the environment uses Oracle Warehouse Builder and Fusion Middleware BI Platforms. In total there are going to be 18 database upgrade on HPUX and SUSE platform.

Looks interesting but a lot of planning ahead.

Have started most of the necessary pre-work. I started my career with 10g Release 1 and have done a lots of upgrade. Now here with 11.2.0.3 I believe life is going to be easier with the upgrade process.

I will write about interesting facts that I come across the database upgrade. It is a two months project and I hope will be sharing my experience with the upgrade.

Popular Posts