Monday, December 13, 2010

OBIEE 11g Getting Started

After a long gap I am looking into OBIEE 11g. After completing Datacenter Migration Project and Database 11g Upgrade Project, I am now set to go for Fusion Middleware 11g Upgrade early next year.

But this December it is OBIEE 11g.
Early this year I created a OBIEE 10g Environment with BI Publisher 10g. But I see that there has been a lot(a lot) of enhancement done with OBIEE 11g.

As a preparation I created the Database that is required for the Repository. In OBIEE 11g we have to build a repository. I am building it on a 11g R1 database. I made a Oracle Home Cloning and created a database on it.

Oracle Home cloning is pretty simple.
1. Copy a healthy Oracle Home
2. Source the environment variables
3. Run the clone scripts
perl $ORACLE_HOME/clone/bin/clone.pl ORACLE_BASE=$ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_HOME_NAME=test11_1

In three simple steps the Oracle Home is Ready and now it is the time for DBCA to take care of the rest in creating the database.

Between I have downloaded the following
- Repository Creation Utility.
- Softwares necessary for OBIEE 11g.

You can find more details here (this link might change in the future )

Will keep posting on the developments.



Popular Posts